Sending your item to Repairs By Post
Here at Repairs By Post we have provided some information about how our fully insured freepost service works.
You can use our services for watch repairs and jewellery repairs.
There are a couple of ways in which to send your items to Repairs By Post, you may qualify for free delivery in which we send you a link to a printable label, this insures you for up to £50. You may qualify for a free post envelope, and this insures you for up to £500 (this can be increased by yourself at the post office). We could also arrange for a courier to collect your item if your item is worth more. Alternatively you can post us your items yourself, making sure to pack them securely. We suggest using Royal Mail Tracked/Special delivery. We shall not accept any liability for the item/items whilst in transit. Should you have any concerns regarding placing your item in the post please contact us and we would happily discuss your options with you.
How your item will be returned
Once your item is repaired we will return it to you. We will dispatch the item/items back to you using Royal Mail. A minimum postal charge will be applied to return the item/items to you. If you decide not to have your watch repaired or it cannot be repaired, we do have a minimum administration charge of £15.00 for their return or disposal. In case of a claim, your estimated value may need to be backed by original invoices/valuations. We will inform you, on request, if there are any obvious discrepancies or Royal Mail require further information
More information about the Postal Services that Repairs By Post uses:
Royal Mail Tracked Returns®
An easy returns process for you and your customers
Our improved Royal Mail Tracked Returns® service gives you greater visibility and control over your returns process and enhances the experience for your customers too – making them more likely to buy from you again.
At a Glance
- Increased tracking and control over returns process
- Up-to-date reporting, helping you to manage your stock better
- Enhanced customer confidence, loyalty and repeat business
Why choose Royal Mail Tracked Returns?
For online shoppers, being able to return goods easily is a key part of a positive online shopping experience. In fact, 72% of online shoppers said they would be unlikely to buy again from a retailer if they had a difficult returns experience*. Also online shoppers prefer to return items via the Post Office*.
With Royal Mail Tracked Returns offer your customers a quick, easy and reliable returns service that will encourage them to order from you again and again. What’s more, it gives you more visibility and control over the whole process.
Better for your business
With Royal Mail Tracked Returns, there’s now a barcode on every item – and that means a range of benefits for your business.
- Five stage tracking – Every item is tracked at five stages through our dedicated network, from any Post Office® branch to delivery back to you. So you have the confidence to send refunds to your customers more quickly.
- Up-to-date reporting – Access detailed, up-to-date management information via an online self-service portal. You know exactly what will be arriving back with you, and when – so you can control stock and have items back on sale as quickly as possible.
- Ability to offer returns via the Post Office®- online shoppers’ most preferred returns method*.
- More accurate invoicing – A barcode on every returned item ensures you’re only charged for what you send, helping to improve invoice reconciliation.
A choice of delivery speeds
Royal Mail Tracked Returns also offers two return delivery speeds: 48 hour and 24 hour. So you can tailor the service to suit your needs and the needs of your customers.
Better for your customers
Your customers can easily manage their returns online using our new free returns portal, which can be integrated into your website and personalised to suit your brand.
They can print their own returns label, find their nearest Post Office® branch, and provide information about the return item – great for your stock control and returns management.
Customers can also keep track of their returns at five stages. So they have a better idea of when to expect a refund or replacement item.
In addition, you can print the returns label and include it when you dispatch your customer’s order using one of our free shipping solutions.
Royal Mail Special Delivery Guaranteed®
Guaranteed next working day letter delivery
Important documents or tickets that simply must be there tomorrow? Royal Mail Special Delivery Guaranteed® offers timed delivery by 9am or 1pm next day with inclusive tracking and signature on delivery. Saturday delivery is available for an additional charge.
At a Glance
- Guaranteed delivery by 9am or 1pm next working day
- Online tracking and signature on delivery included
- Money-back guarantee and inclusive compensation cover
When do you want your letter to get there?
- By 9am – guaranteed delivery of letters by 9am next working day, with inclusive compensation cover up to £50 for loss or damage
- By 1pm – guaranteed delivery of letters by 1pm next working day, with inclusive compensation cover up to £500 for loss or damage
- On a Saturday – Post Office® branches will accept your items on Friday, for delivery on a Saturday, for an additional charge
Our service covers 99% of the UK
Tracking and proof of delivery
Follow your letter’s progress from start to finish with online tracking and signature on delivery.
Is there compensation for loss, damage or delay?
If your letter isn’t delivered by 9am or 1pm the next working day, we’ll give you a full refund.
To protect against loss or damage, Royal Mail Special Delivery Guaranteed by 9am has inclusive compensation cover of £50 while Royal Mail Special Delivery Guaranteed by 1pm has inclusive compensation cover of £500.
Both services give you the option to increase your cover up to the value of £2,500. You can also purchase tiered consequential loss cover up to the value of £10,000.
For more information on Royal Mail visit their website.