Mechanical watch servicing
Your watch needs regular maintenance to keep it working at its best. We recommend your watch is serviced professionally every 3-5 years. A service keeps your watch in optimum condition and accuracy while extending its lifespan.
For the ultimate in watch-care choose this service.
*No credit card required. Open a repair ticket for a free no-obligation watch assessment, or talk to a watch repair expert 0800 121 6030 ( 9am-5pm GMT Mon-Fri. )
Our mechanical watch service explained
Here at Repairs by post, our expert watchmakers service almost any brand of automatic, chronograph or divers watch to manufactures standards.
- The strap or bracelet of your watch is detached from its case.
- The case then opened, and the movement separated. The case is then entirely disassembled.
- If we are carrying out a certified manufacture service for luxury brands such as Rolex and Omega the case and braclet will be re-finished and polished to remove scratches and blemishes. This is carried out by a professional expert polisher.
- The inner components are first ultrasonically cleaned then lubricated to minimise friction and wear.
- The balance wheel is expertly tested to ensure it’s perfectly precise.
- The strap undergoes specialist watch cleaning and examination for wear and tear.
- Any damaged parts are either refurbished or replaced with genuine or aftermarket equivalent components.
- The mechanism is then assembled and reattached to your watch’s strap with every seal replaced.
- Your timepiece is then finally tested one last time to ensure it’s keeping time accurately and to ensure it’s still watertight.
The faster, less-expensive way to repair any watch. From your home, office or on the go.
So what's the catch?
There isn't one. Open a watch repair request, define your repair - upload photo's to our UK service centre. Our expert team will examine your repair request. If your repair is accepted, we notify you the same day with FREE shipping instructions. Still not convinced? Read on.