Repairs by post TERMS OF BUSINESS
IMPORTANT: THESE REPAIR TERMS AND CONDITIONS (“AGREEMENT”) FORM YOUR AGREEMENT WITH REPAIRS BY POST (RBP). THE TERMS HEREIN ARE IN ADDITION TO ANY RIGHTS YOU MAY HAVE UNDER CONSUMER LAW. YOU SHOULD CONSULT YOUR LOCAL CITIZENS ADVICE SERVICE FOR FURTHER INFORMATION.
Service and Repairs.
- For service and repair orders. RBP will service your watch or another item as described by you for the estimated charges stated unless such costs are revised with your prior oral or written consent. Unless otherwise stated, RBP service or provide repair or replacement parts to address a defect in the workings or workmanship, both internally or aesthetically of an item.
- Parts and Labor. RBP may provide both parts and labor. RBP may use parts or products that are new, refurbished, equivalent to manufacture or OEM replacement in performance and reliability unless otherwise specified in our written estimate.
- Mail-In Service. If you ship your item to RBP's repair service center in accordance with RBP’s instruction, RBP may provide prepaid shipping labels, RBP may send you packaging material. If RBP does not provide prepaid labels or packaging, you must arrange for the shipping and packaging of your item to RBP’s repair service center, as described at the time of order, and you may want to consider insuring your package in case of damage or loss during shipment. After a service is complete, RBP will return the repaired item to you, unless otherwise specified.
- Any loss or damage to your items are the sole responsibility of the shipper or any insurance cover provided by third parties. RBP cannot be held responsible for loss or damage to items while in transit. Unless liable through negligence or Consumer Law.
- Changes to service. RBP reserves the right to change at any time the service options available to you.
- No sale to minors. Repairs or services under these terms is available only to those who are 18 years or over.
Service Exclusions and Diagnostic Fee. RBP may charge you a diagnostic fee of minimum £12.95 (including shipping charges), if RBP inspects your item and determines that
- your item does not require service,
- service is required due to the failure of parts that are no longer available to RBP,
- additional labor or parts are required that were not specified in the original estimate of charges and you do not agree to proceed based on RBP’s revised estimated costs,
- RBP deems your item to be fake or counterfeit,
- a re-service cannot be performed under the RBP guarantee request because the serial number has been altered, defaced or removed or the item has failed due to accident, abuse, liquid spill or submersion, neglect, misuse (including repair, or maintenance by anyone other than RBP), unauthorized modification, extreme environment (including extreme temperature or humidity), extreme physical or electrical stress or interference, magnetism, fluctuation or surges of electrical power, lightning, static electricity, fire, acts of God or other external causes. RBP will return your item to you without servicing it and may charge you the Diagnostic Fee of minimum £12.95 INC.VAT.
- Your right to waive the diagnostic fee. If you waive the diagnostic fee, RBP will deem your item as "abandoned" under the terms of section 1.11.4.
- Minimum service fee. RBP has a minimum service fee of £29.99 for any parts or service provided other than the diagnostic fee.
- Delivery. RBP may provide an estimate on when your item is being shipped to you. Once your item has been prepared for shipment or has shipped, RBP is unable to change the shipping address.
- RBP will provide you with shipping and packing instructions. You will be responsible for any loss or damage to items while in-transit and any subsequent claim made to any insurance or shipping company. Any shipping offered, arranged, or insurance claimed by RBP is done so on a "goodwill" basis and does not imply RBP responsibility for any loss subsequently caused or incurred.
- It is your responsibility to make sure that your item has adequate insurance cover at all times and to manange any claim or dispute as a result of any such claim.
- It is your responsibility to make sure that RBP has your correct contact details and return shipping address.
- It is your responsibility to make sure your item is genuine and not fake or a counterfeit.
- If you have not claimed your item and paid all charges due within 45 days after being notified by RBP that your item has been repaired or is being returned un-done, RBP will set you a time period to claim your item and pay any charges due. RBP will send such notification to you at the email address you provided when you authorized the repairs. If you continue to fail to take delivery, collect your item or pay any outstanding invoice, RBP may claim any damages from you including any costs or the storage of such item.
RBP may charge you for any labor, service, or parts incurred up to the total value of any estimate given if a repair is returned un-complete or canceled for any reason including:
- additional work or parts are required that were not specified in the original estimate of charges and you do not agree to proceed based on RBP’s revised estimated costs,
- RBP deems your item unrepairable for any reason,
- a disagreement between you and RBP and subsequent cancellation of any repair.
Orders and Payment
- Payment. Terms of payment are within RBP sole discretion, and unless otherwise agreed to by RBP, payment must be received before the commencement of any service, labor or parts or the return of your item, whichever comes first.
- Payment Methods. RBP allows you to make payment using a credit card, debit card, cash on collection, or by bank transfer.
- Prices. RBP endeavors to offer competitive prices for repair services and parts as estimates. Your total repair price will include the cost of the parts and service on the day your estimate was made. RBP reserves the right to change prices for parts or services at any time and particularly where any such assessment may change during the course of carrying out repairs where unforeseen parts or additional labor may be required. In such cases, RBP will notify you in writing of a change, and you will be given the option to proceed. If you reject the proposed change in your estimate, you are required to pay for any service or parts provided, including shipping costs.
- Confirmation. RBP will send you a confirmation of your order via email shortly after receipt.
- Refunds. Except where Law permits, RBP does not provide refunds for service orders.
Service Guarantee. RBP warrants that service and parts will be free from defects in materials and workmanship for one year (12-months) of if notified in wirting two years (24-months) from the date of the repair or service. This warranty is an express limited warranty. If a defect arises in a replacement part during the warranty period, RBP will at its option, either
- re-perform services to conform to their description
- repair or replace the part, using parts that are new or equivalent to new in performance and reliability.
- Your item is no longer covered by the RBP warranty if the issue you are reporting was caused by accidental damage due to accident, abuse, liquid spill or submersion, neglect, misuse (including repair, or maintenance by anyone other than RBP), unauthorized modification, extreme environment (including extreme temperature or humidity), extreme physical or electrical stress or interference, fluctuation or surges of electrical power, lightning, static electricity, fire, acts of God or other external causes
- Where a defective item is returned requiring further service, parts or work outside the scope of the original estimate of work paid for, RBP will provide a new estimate for that work, service or parts. You will have the option to accept the new estimate and pay for the service or request the item be returned un-repaired.
- Cancellation. Upon acceptance of a service order, RBP initiates service, and consequently, if you are a consumer, you agree that because RBP starts service upon approval of your order, you may not exercise the right of withdrawal.
- Subcontractors. RBP may subcontract with other service providers for the service of your item.
- Product/service changes. RBP may make changes to any products or services offered online. The information provided online concerning products and services may be out of date, and RBP does not commit to update the information presented online concerning such products and services.
- Change Terms. RBP reserves the right to change this Agreement at any time.
- Typographical Errors. RBP is not responsible for typographical errors. RBP reserves the right to cancel any order you had placed if there was a typographical error concerning the pricing or availability of any item you ordered when you placed the order.
- Governing Law. This Agreement is governed by the Law of Great Britain, Ireland, and Wales.
- No Third Party Beneficiaries. These terms shall not be interpreted or construed to confer any rights or remedies on any third parties.
- Data Protection. You agree and understand that it is necessary for RBP to collect, process, and use your data to process sales, perform service, and confirm compliance with applicable laws. RBP will maintain and use your personal data to allow you to exercise your rights arising from the service of your item and for quality and service-related purposes. RBP will not use your information for direct marketing purposes without obtaining your consent. If you wish to have access to the information that RBP holds concerning you or if you want to make changes, contact [email protected]
- Complete Agreement; Force Majeure. RBP uses this Agreement for diagnostics, repairs, and service transactions. RBP is not responsible for any failures or delays in performing service or delivering your item that is due to actions and circumstances outside RBP’s reasonable control. No other conditions apply oral or written.