Montblanc Watch Repairs
It’s said that the master craftsmen who manufacture Montblanc watches hold their breath as they do so. They create perfect timepieces which hold true the values of the golden age of Swiss watchmaking. The watch brand, though they only began making watches in the 1990’s, has held fast to these ancient horological traditions and creates luxury wristwatches that evoke centuries of craftsmanship.
Just like any luxury item it’s important it’s kept in its optimum working condition.
For this, you must send your watch for a Montblanc watch service periodically and Montblanc watch repairs, whenever needed, to ensure each component is working harmoniously.
Each Montblanc watch repair is treated with a great deal of skill, care and precision. Thanks to our 30 years’ experience we have the ability to remedy the simplest of problems such as Montblanc battery replacement to a complete Montblanc service. We offer convenient online watch repairs.
WATCH REPAIRS ONLINE
- Send your item for Montblanc watch repair using the free and secure Royal Mail Tracked Returns® or Special Delivery. Your item is safe and protected.
- Using Royal Mail Tracked and Return Service or Special Delivery, your item will be protected. There are various ways you can send us your items, depending on the value of your item and what is easiest for you.
- We will either send you a link to print off an address label. Royal Mail’s Tracked Returned Service is insured for £50, this method of postage is free.
- Should your item be more we will send you a secure Royal Mail Special Delivery postal pack. This envelope is already insured for up to £500 at no cost.
- Should you wish to increase the insurance (up to £2500) you can do so at the Post Office for a small charge.
- Alternatively we will ask you to send the item directly to us, ensuring you have packed it with care. We can arrange for a courier collection.
WHY CHOOSE REPAIRS BY POST FOR YOUR WATCH REPAIR?
- You will be able to see on your account the stage your Montblanc watch repair is it
- We repair your item expertly then return it to you.
- We are unbeaten on price – At repairs by Post, our watch and jewellery repair prices are competitive. We will match or beat any written quotation.
MONTBLANC WATCH STRAP REPLACEMENT AND MONTBLANC CLASP REPAIR
Having your Montblanc watch strap repaired or replaced is a great way to avoid having to purchase a new watch.
We can assist with;
- Montblanc watches leather straps.
- Montblanc watch strap replacement.
- Montblanc watch bracelet repair.
- Montblanc replacement parts.
Repairs by Post supply and fit original or aftermarket Montblanc watch straps and original or aftermarket Montblanc watch bracelets. If your watch comes in for Montblanc bracelet repair and cannot be done we will offer a replacement strap.
TYPICAL MONTBLANC WATCH REPAIRS
- Montblanc watch polishing
- Montblanc watch cleaning
- Montblanc watch battery replacement
- Montblanc watch service
MONTBLANC WATCH SERVICE
Montblanc watches are works of craftsmanship and require special care and maintenance to ensure they are performing precisely.
Failing to do this will lead to the increase of the needs for Montblanc watch repairs, though this will be avoided with a regular Montblanc watch service. This will make sure your precious watch lasts multiple lifetimes and be used as a much loved family heirloom.
Repairs by Post offer Montblanc watch servicing. The frequency with which a watch should be serviced depends on the model and the lifestyle of the owner.
As a rule Montblanc recommend a general service every one to five years, depending on the mechanics of the watch. Your watch will come with unique aftercare instructions.
WHAT DOES A MONTBLANC WATCH SERVICE ENTAIL?
- Our horologist will examine every aspect of the timepiece to identify any areas that require replacement or Montblanc watch repair.
- The inner components will be specially lubricated in order to minimise abrasions.
- The balance wheel will be tested expertly to confirm it’s perfectly precise.
- If your watch has a quartz mechanism we offer watch battery repair and replacement even if it’s still running.
- The strap will undergo professional watch cleaning and inspection of wear and tear, any parts that are impaired will be refurbished or be replaced.
- The mechanism is carefully reassembled and reattached to your watch’s strap with every seal replaced.
- The timepiece will be methodically tested one last time to ensure it’s keeping time accurately and is fully watertight.
MONTBLANC WATCH BATTERY REPLACEMENT
It’s important to send your watch to Repairs by Post as soon as you notice the battery is dead, if left unattended the cells may damage the mechanism.
We use only Swiss quality batteries to ensure your watch is fully protected. When we replace a Montblanc watch battery we always re-seal it to the original exacting standard to ensure it is as fully watertight as when we received it. Each repair we undertake is done so to the highest Swiss standards, we also offer other watch repairs such as Certina watch repairs and Rolex watch repair.
MONTBLANC MAINTENANCE TIPS
Montblanc recommend that owners have their watch tested for water resistance at least every three years. Failing to do his might lead to the infiltration of water or condensation which will be detrimental to the movement.
After your watch comes into contact with chlorine or salt water you should clean it with lukewarm fresh water and dry with a soft cloth, or leave it to air dry. Chlorine and salt water can cause your delicate watch to corrode. We specialise in watch refurbishment should your timepiece suffer severe damage.
The modern world has led to magnets being everywhere, including TVs, radios and airport security scanners. If you suspect your watch is magnetised send it to our watch repair company for confirmation and remedy.
Quartz watches will only be affected by magnetic fields for a few seconds, but mechanical watches can suffer long term damage. Our Montblanc service center is fitted with special machines to demagnetise your timepiece.
Though Montblanc are relatively new on the scene compared to other watch brands, their traditional watch making elements echo that of antique movements. We are skilled at restoring vintage watches and Repairs by Post are specialists in mechanical to quartz conversion. Do you have a vintage watch that no longer works? A conversion could be the thing to bring it back to life and allow you to it enjoy it once more. Once converted, you will have peace of mind that we are experts in quartz watch repair.
WINDING YOUR MONTBLANC WATCH
- If you have not worn your automatic or manually-wound watch for a while, wind it up fully by turning the crown twenty times.
- In order to ensure the performance of your manually-wound mechanical watch, Montblanc advise owners to wind the crown once a day, preferably at the same time.
- If you feel resistance, stop winding.
- Do not change the hour or date between 10 p.m. and 2 a.m. This is when the date changes and winding during these times may cause a damage of the mechanism.
It’s important you do not expose your watch to sudden temperature changes. When your watch isn’t being worn, store it in a cool dark place such as a drawer. Your watch should not be exposed to temperatures that exceed 60 degrees Celsius, or below 10 degrees Celsius as these can damage the workings of the watch. Should your watch suffer extreme temperature exposure; send it for professional watch repair.
Your watch is precious; do not let it come into contact with chemicals, perfumes or liquids that may tarnish your steel Montblanc watch bracelet or damage the appearance of your Montblanc leather strap. You can wash your steel strap with lukewarm water if a damaging liquid comes into contact with it, but always let it dry naturally or use a soft cloth, never use a hairdryer or radiator.
If damage occurs send it to our expert team for Montblanc watch strap repair or replacement.
MONTBLANC WATCH HISTORY
Montblanc proclaim to be “The Fathers of Stylish Writing” and this is certainly true, but the brand is also famed for their contribution to the world of horology.
The brand began in the 1900’s when ingenuity and imagination were paramount. This led to the development of the innovative fountain pen. With just under twenty years in the luxury timepiece game, Montblanc may be a relative newcomer, but the brand’s long-running philosophy of master craftsmanship allowed them to transition into the world of horology with ease. Repairs by Post are masters at Montblanc watch repair and servicing. Send your watch to our Montblanc repair team.
By the end of the nineteen-twenties, Montblanc had quickly expanded to become a well-known name in more than 60 countries.
Montblanc expanded their repertoire and took over the manufacture of luxury leather goods including pen pouches, books and writing cases.
The original Montblanc premises in Hamburg were destroyed during the Second World War and production was moved to Denmark.
The brand’s pens were known across the globe as the most superior writing instrument combining effortless style and function.
”May I help you, Mr. Adenauer?” – This now famous quote was used when John F. Kennedy helped the German chancellor Konrad Adenauer out of a predicament by offering him the use of his Montblanc “Meisterstück 149″ fountain pen.
This famous claim “Montblanc – The Art of Writing” advertising campaign was launched and introduced a revival of the fountain pen.
In 1997 Montblanc Montre S.A. was established in Le Locle – the heart of the Swiss watch industry. This was done in order to maintain the brand’s philosophy of master craftsmanship and to satisfy the high quality expectations of their watches, thanks to their past success in luxury items.
The transition was not without critics as one journalist asked the then CEO“Where do you fill it with ink?”
However, their first collection was the “Meisterstück” – mirroring the name of their successful pen range won immediate approval at the Salon International de la Haute Horlogerie (SIHH), the prestigious watch exhibition in Geneva.
During 2007 Montblanc was able to cement itself further into the world of horology by creating The Institut Minerva de Recherche en Haute Horlogerie in Villeret.
In 2008 the brand showcased their MB R100 calibre, the first movement manufactured in their own workshop.
2010 sees Montblanc unveil the innovative Metamorphasis, developed in Villreret. The watch is able to transform from one watch face to another using a complex series of synchronized components.
Montblanc sees the launch of The Tourbillon Bi-Cylindrique, with its calibre MB65.63, the world’s first tourbillon with two cylindrical balance springs.
In 2013 the brand showcase their 1858 collection, with this collection was their most complicated timepiece to date, the ExoTourbillon Rattrapante, combining a split-second chronograph and Montblanc’s patented four-minute ExoTourbillon.
Montblanc established “Villeret” as their top line, with additional “1858” pieces added in 2015. It takes up to 300 hours for one of Montblanc’s highly skilled craftsmen to produce one of their timepieces.
Today Montblanc has a range of luxury watch collections on offer o the public
These watches are extremely accurate, up to 99.9% and many come with official verification of this.
The name derives from “chronométrie” — French for precision timekeeping.
This collection embodies the finest Swiss watchmaking codes.
Offers traditional watch range with recognisable luxury Montblanc characteristics.
This collection showcases some of Montblanc’s most innovative complications.
In line with the digital age, Montblanc introduced the TimeWalker Urban Speed e-Strap, combining a TimeWalker timepiece offering an activity tracker, notifications, remote controls and Find-Me functions.
This collection combines slim elegant watches with Montblanc’s signature Swiss style. We have the skills to assist with all Montblanc watch repair, we can provide Montblanc replacement parts expertly.
Each watch in this collection is elegant and feminine. It’s important to maintain the health of your watch through sending your timepiece to Repairs By Post.