Terms and Conditions
The term Repairs By Post or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 1 Stand Lane, Radcliffe, Manchester, M26 1NW. The term ‘you’ refers to You the user or viewer of our website. The Term ‘Item/Items’ refers to the jewellery or Watch/Watches you have sent to us.
The contact between you, the consumer and RepairsByPost.com becomes accepted and legally binding once you the consumer has received and accepted a final estimate and made full payment to RepairsByPost.com. We recommend reading our Terms and Conditions thoroughly.
Customer service contact information
Repairsbypost.com, 1 Stand Lane, Radcliffe, Manchester, M26 1NW: Tel: 0333 005 0062
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Name and job title.
- Contact information including email address.
- Demographic information such as postcode.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance, graphics and photographs. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks, images and logo are reproduced in this website which is not the property of or licensed to, the operator is acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
- By using this website, and entering and registering your personal data, you are agreeing to this websites terms & conditions with or without confirmation of a specific tick box. If you do not agree with our terms and conditions, please do not use our services and if you require please contact us to have your data removed, which we will assess on an individual basis.
Repairsbypost.com may change the policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 31st October 2013.
B1.a) What we collect
We may collect the following information:
• Name and job title.
• Contact information including email address.
• Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests.
• Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
• Images, photos and videos
B1.b) what we do with the information we gather.
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
• Internal record keeping.
• We may use the information to improve our products and services.
• We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
• From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or postal. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
B1.e) Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
B1.f) Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
• Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
• if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at- firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to 1 Stand Lane, Radcliffe, Manchester, M26 1NW.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect. We usually respond to email within 48 hours during a working week.
B1.g) Content and Information and sharing
You own all of the content and information you post on repairsbypost.com, and you can control how it is shared, please contact us to inform us of your intentions.
. Content uploaded that is covered by intellectual property rights, like photos and videos (IP content), you specifically give us the following permission, subject to acceptance of our terms & conditions: you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensee, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any IP content that you post on or in connection with repairsbypost.com. when you agree to our terms and conditions we use IP for the limited purpose of operating, promoting, and improving our Services, and to develop new ones. This agreement continues even if you stop using our Services.
. We always appreciate your feedback or other suggestions about repairsbypost.com, but you understand that we may use your feedback or suggestions without any obligation to compensate you for them (just as you have no obligation to offer them).
B1.h) Telephone Calls and Emails
General terms and conditions of use
Monitoring telephone calls and emails
Telephone calls using the telephone numbers provided on this website and email correspondence with the repairsbypost.com at the email addresses accessible through, or discernible from, this website may be recorded or monitored.
By using such communication methods you are consenting to the recording or monitoring of the same.
⦁ 0800 numbers: calls will cost 0.00p per minute from a BT landline and mobile phones.
⦁ 0161 numbers: Calls provided by BT will be charged local or national rates. Mobile and other providers’ charges may vary and are likely to cost more.
- 0333 numbers: are low-cost national rate phone numbers and NOT a premium service, 0333 numbers are included in your free minutes
Outbound telephone calls
Repairs By Post make outbound telephone calls for a number of reasons relating to our many products We are fully committed to the regulations set out by Ofcom and follow strict processes to ensure we comply with them.
C1.a) You acknowledge and accept that computer and telecommunication systems are not fault-free and may from time to time require periods of downtime (being periods during which the website is not available to you) for the purposes of repair, maintenance and upgrading or otherwise.
C1.b) We do not guarantee uninterrupted availability of the website, but shall make reasonable efforts to minimise any periods during which the website is not available. You accept that you will have no claim for breach of contract or otherwise in respect of any such period of unavailability.
D1.1) In order to purchase goods or services from this website, you need to register your details with us. On registration, you must provide us with accurate and complete registration information and it is your responsibility to inform us of any changes to that information (to your email address in particular) by updating your details in the My Account section.
D1.2) On first registration you will choose a user name and password (ID). None of our employees or agents will ever ask you for this password. Do not disclose this password to anyone under any circumstances whatsoever.
D1.3) You are responsible for all use of your ID and for preventing unauthorised use of your ID. If you believe there has been any breach of security such as the disclosure, theft or unauthorised use of your ID or any payment information you must notify us immediately by contacting us at email@example.com
D1.4) Your registration does not in itself entitle you to purchase Goods from us and we are not obliged to accept any or all orders that you place with us.
E1.1) You the customer are entitled to a 14 day cancellation period. However, if you would like your repair to commence as soon as you have agreed to and paid the costs, you can agree to an immediate start. The customer is still be able to cancel the contract in the first 14 days (beginning the day after the contract is accepted so in effect 15 days) thus not losing the statutory right to cancel, if you do exercise this right to cancel you will be expected to pay reasonable costs for all services received up until the point of notifying RbP of cancellation. If the service is completed within the 14 day cancellation period then you will lose the right to cancel and will be expected to pay the full amount for the service received.
If you, the customer agrees to work commencing straight away, then you decide to cancel after 5 days by which point we, RBP have already appraised the item(s) and done some repair work, RBP could retain the reasonable costs of the service we have done (including any parts used) but we would refund the balance from the pre-payment within 14 days of notice of cancellation being received.
E1.2) Payment authorisation must be provided by you on the date that you place an order for repair services.
E1.3) Payment must be made by credit/debit card. We accept payment by Visa, MasterCard, Switch, Maestro and Delta. Payment will be debited from your account before dispatch of the Goods to you.
E1.4) Upon receiving your order we will carry out a standard pre-authorisation check on your payment card to ensure there are sufficient funds in order to fulfil the transaction. No payment is debited from your card during this pre-authorisation check.
E1.5) On some occasions, we are required by the card issuer to perform additional security checks on the payment card, which can delay the order until the card has been authorised.
E1.6) You confirm that the credit/debit card that is being used is yours.
E1.7) All product, services, prices and delivery charges are shown in UK pounds sterling. Your payment card company will perform any currency conversion, if necessary
E2) Items not paid for The Torts (Interference with Goods) Act 1977 Chapter 32.
When repairs or items returned not repaired are not paid for in a reasonable period of time. The Torts act will commence.
Part II: Notice of Intention to Sell Goods
6(1)A notice under section 12(3) shall—
(a)specify the name and address of the bailee, and give sufficient particulars of the goods and the address or place where they are held, and
(b)specify the date on or after which the bailee proposes to sell the goods, and
(c)specify the amount, if any, which is payable by the bailor to the bailee in respect of the goods, and which became due before the giving of the notice.
(2)The period between giving of the notice and the date specified in the notice as that on or after which the bailee proposes to exercise the power of sale shall be such as will afford the bailor a reasonable opportunity of taking delivery of the goods.
(3)If any amount is payable in respect of the goods by the bailor to the bailee, and become due before giving of the notice, the said period shall be not less than three months.
(4)The notice shall be in writing and shall be sent by post in a registered letter, or by the recorded delivery service.
7(1)The bailee shall not give a notice under section 12(3), or exercise his right to sell the goods pursuant to such a notice, at a time when he has notice that, because of a dispute concerning the goods, the bailor is questioning or refusing to pay all or any part of what the bailee claims to be due to him in respect of the goods.
(2)This paragraph shall be left out of account in determining under section 13(1) whether a bailee of goods is entitled to sell the goods under section 12, or would be so entitled if he had given any notice required in accordance with this Schedule.
F) Appraisal Fee items that are requested to be returned not repaired, either by way of mutual agreement, or items that cannot be repaired whether it be Watches or Jewellery the RbP w has the right to charge customers a reasonable amount for an initial assessment. Usually this will be £15.00 and must be paid in advance of items being returned. Watches that have been returned from or sent to a manufacturer carries a minimum charge of £25.00. (see our FAQ’s section). Items returned using a service we deem suitable for the item being returned. (see return postage L154.1)
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by repairsbypost.com and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website. Through this website, you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of repairsbypost.com. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, repairsbypost.com takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control. However owing to our policy of continuous improvement we reserve the right to change policies without prior notice.
H) Terms and Conditions for Jewellery or Watch repair services
At repairsbypost.com we shall strive for 100% customer satisfaction. Before you send us your repairs, please complete a repair enquiry form. Ensure that your item of jewellery or watch is adequately insured when sending the item/items to us (we strongly advise you to use Royal Mail Special Delivery Service unless you use our Freepost service). We shall not accept any liability for the item/items whilst in transit. Payment for the repairs is required before the item/items are dispatched back to you. All credit cards will be pre authorised but not charged until the work is complete unless it is a special order or repairs where prepayment will take payment prior to ordering. We will endeavour to have your repairs ready within two weeks however we cannot guarantee any deadline or turnaround time as it will depend on the time of the year and the type of repair needed. We carry an administration charge for items that are not proceeded with or cannot be repaired, Our current administration charge minimum is £15.00.
H1.1) When you send us your repairs, the following steps will be taken:
• Enter the job reference into our system and send you an email to let you know that we have received the items.
• Weighing and testing of the item/items. A photograph may be taken.
• Assessment of the repair to be done
H1.2) We will let you know:
• If the item/items need further attention (for example, a claw of your ring may be broken but other claws may need to be replaced).
• In some cases, we may be able to fix the item/items with no guarantee (for example a broken chain may be fixed but it may be so worn that it will be likely that other links may break).
• How much the repairs are likely to cost – this will be a final estimate
H1.3) When they will be ready
• We will not carry out repairs in addition to those that have been requested without your permission. Payment received is you giving permission.
• Watches: Watch repairs can take up to 48 working days from payment depending on the type of repair required, usually we estimate repairs to be between 10 – 20 working days. Jewellery: Jewellery repairs can take up to 48 working days, depending on the type of repair. We aim to repair jewellery within 7 -14 working days from payment, but when a large amount of work is required then it may be up to 48 working days.
• Once the repairs are estimated, your account will be updated. Only one payment is made can your repair begin as this is when the contact between you the customer and RBP is legally binding.
• We will dispatch the item/items back to you using Royal Mail Special Delivery or Signed for, once work is completed. Your account will be updated with a tracking number.
• A minimum charge of £15.00 will be applied to return the item/items whether they have been repaired or not.
• In the case of a claim, your estimated value may need to be backed by original invoices/valuations. We will inform you, on request, if there are any obvious discrepancies.
H1.4) We shall not accept any liability for the watch(es) or jewellery whilst in transit. Payment for the repairs is required before the watch(es) or jewellery are repaired. Within 48hrs of receiving your watch an estimate will be provided based on an initial visual inspection, on occasion this may sometimes take longer due to obtaining prices and availability of parts supplied by the watch houses. If during the repair or service process, further unforeseen work is required, we reserve the right to re-estimate as required this work and will only be progressed upon your approval.
J) Repairs Special Order
Repairsbypost.com is not responsible for the delay of a service or repair caused by the delay of parts on back order with manufacturers or suppliers. Not all watch parts are available readily to pick to order, sometimes parts will fall outside of a manufacturing production run and are special order. The delay of you repair or service in these cases are subject to manufacturers time scale and out of the control of Repairsbypost.com. We will give customers an indication of the timescale of the repair.
Should you the customer require only parts and not a repair, payment for the part must be made before the part(s) will be sent to you. “Obsolete parts” means parts are no longer manufactured and not feasible to manufacture in small numbers as the cost to manufacture in small numbers is not feasible.
All items repaired by repairsbypost.com carry a minimum 12-month guarantee from the date of completion, and not from the date the item/items were received by you. Any guarantee given is not transferable and therefore only applicable to the original transaction.
K1) Watch repairs, We offer a complete minimum 12-month warranty pertaining to the actual repair completed, parts supplied and work completed. Wear and tear to other parts and any subsequent faults or failed parts that may develop are not covered under your warranty and are chargeable.
K1.1) Jewellery repairs warranty is covered for a minimum of 12 months for the section or repair supplied, Any subsequent breakages or wear and tear that may occur is not covered under guarantee and are chargeable.
K1.2) Failed repairs. If a repair has been satisfactorily proven to of failed, RBP will assess each case on merit, and as a goodwill gesture will refund part of full payment not including postage or administration charges.
If multiple repairs have been carried out, then only the failed part will be assessed and refunded. (i.e a wristwatch has had a battery & reseal and bracelet repair, bracelet engraved and gold soldered).
If any work carried out by RBP is broken/adjusted/ manipulated/ damaged/opened or handled by a 3rd party this will void your guarantee and no refund can be issued. This will void any works carried out by RBP.
Your items can be returned to us to be assessed if we possibly can remove any parts fitted, Special order parts will be returned and not refunded.
The payment of our administration and the postal fee of a minimum £15.00 is discounted from the refund total payment, we will return your goods.
Faulty Guarantee repairs that require returning see section M)
K.1) Dealing with complaints
Please put all complaints in writing or contact us, We endeavour to respond to complaints within five working days, although in the majority of cases we deal with complaints as soon as we receive them.
Let us know there is an issue, if you do not let us know we cannot help.
L) Service Pack and Tracked Return Address Label
Royal Mail is our chosen delivery service; the service pack or label is FREE of charge for items to our workshops for a no obligation estimate. Royal Mail or Repairsbypost.com cannot be held responsible if the client has not securely packaged the watch or jewellery. The usage of this service is at your discretion, if you deem this not to be suitable for your item, please use an alternative postal/courier service.
- We abide by Royal Mail Terms and conditions in regard to packaging, we recommend you read and understand how to package your items http://www.royalmail.com/sites/default/files/royal-mail-specific-terms-for-parcels–march-2017.pdf
- A packaging guide can be found on our website www.repairsbypost.com/packaging
- Use quality (jiffy) padded envelopes for sharp edges or odd shapes.
- Make sure any outer packaging is strong enough for their contents.
- Fragile items shouldn’t touch each other.
- Please also make sure to include your contact details along with any comments or instructions you may have.
- Write a return address on the item.
- Put a contact name, address and telephone number inside.
- Seal securely with nylon or vinyl tape along all edges and openings.
- Flatten any sharp edge from staples or metal fastenings, and cover with tape.
- Do not write or indicate in any way that watch is enclosed within the package. Should you want to use a reference only refer to the company as “Repairsbypost.com “.
- Do not send the original presentation box, as this may be damaged while in transit.
L1.1) Watches or jewellery sent to Repairsbypost.com via Royal Mail Special Delivery service pack are insured up to £500 free of charge. For a small premium, you can insure up to £2500 at your local post office. This is an extremely secure tracked service end to end.
• Guaranteed delivery before 1.00pm.
• Guaranteed Saturday Delivery for a small surcharge.
• 99%* UK coverage.
• Online tracking.
• Electronic Proof of Delivery.
• Up to £2,500 compensation or £10,000 with additional insurance
Royal Mail Special Delivery next day guarantee.
Royal Mail guarantee they’ll deliver your Special Delivery; Next Day item before 1.00pm the next working day.
L1.2) This guarantee does not apply if:
• Royal Mail was unable to deliver the item because there was no-one to sign for your item.
• The delivery address is in an area of the UK where Royal Mail do not guarantee next day delivery.
• Royal Mail does not guarantee the delivery time for items to an address for which a person has paid for our redirection services. The item will be forwarded to the new address using Special Delivery but the money back guarantee does not apply.
L1.3) Where we deliver
We mostly use Special Delivery Next Day and Royal Mail guarantee delivery by 1.00pm of the next working day to 99%* of the country, including Northern Ireland, Jersey and Guernsey. Some places take longer to deliver to, but we still guarantee delivery within three working days by 5.30 pm. Signed for 1st or 2nd class is used on certain watches, these are covered for up to the value of £50.00, and has the same claims procedure as special delivery.
Available six days a week.
You can use Special Delivery Next Day from Monday to Friday, except bank holidays or public holidays. If you need your item sent over the weekend, you can also arrange a guaranteed Saturday Delivery available at just £2.70 (subject to price Change) extra per item payable at your local post office at the time of sending.
L1.4) If you receive the wrong goods or goods are damaged in transit, you must contact us within 28 calendar days via the My Account section and confirm to us what has happened. Please refer to the terms and conditions of our Cancellation and Returns policy
L1.5) Insurance compensation Our liability for items left with us or shipped to us using our Royal Mail Special delivery service is limited to their intrinsic value.
Covered for up to £500
When using our service pack via Royal Mail Special Delivery Next Day you have free compensation cover up to £500 or the value of the item, whichever is the lower. If the item is more valuable you can buy additional compensation cover up to £2,500 as standard or additional insurance up to £10,000 for a small premium payable at your local post office counter at the time of sending.
L1.6) Royal Mail Tracked Returns Label 24 & 48 Hour service.
Tracked return service has a current maximum compensation level of £100 (see royal mail website). Royal Mail is only able to compensate for this level. If you require further levels of insurance, then it is you the customer’s responsibility to ensure you have the correct level of compensation you require. repairsbypost.com and allied companies can and will not be held accountable by you (the customer) should a loss occur.
L1.7) Liability and compensation If any item you have posted is lost or damaged while it is transit, and you provide satisfactory proof that you posted it and we received it, we will pay you compensation for the item and its contents based on the actual loss you suffer. The compensation will not be more than the market value of the item at the time the item was lost;
In the very rare occasion an item that you the customer has sent to Repairs By Post, is lost in the post or arrives with the item missing, we will need a copy of the receipt with tracking information (bar code) and the original receipt of the purchased item to make a claim. Please note this may take up to 28 days to be processed before any further action can be taken.
We cannot refund the original repairs or works carried out minus the postage and administration costs and can only compensate for the loss of the item up to the maximum insurance of the postal service you have chosen to use.
L1.7) Items returned not repaired.
The return postal service utilised for items not repaired.
www.repairsbypost.com will only cover your items at the cost of the condition they are received in and are returned as such.
Items are not insured for a new replacement or current full working market values as they have been deemed requiring repairs in order to utilise this service.
Watches not working will be valued at the not-working condition for spare parts value only, Unless deemed negligible due to the condition, up to the postal service that has been assigned insurance value.
Jewellery is valued at the scrap value of the gold and any precious gems accounted upto the tracked service assigned insurance value.
L2) Royal Mail’s Claims Process for Loss, Damage & Delay
Prior to submitting a claim, you should read the loss, damage and delay compensation policies for the product used as this will explain when you may be entitled to compensation and how much compensation may be payable. This information can be obtained from the Royal Mail Website or available at all Post Office® branches or by contacting Royal Mail Customer Services on 08457 740740 (Text phone 08456 000606). Please note that we are only able to deal with claims where the item was posted with and delivered by Royal Mail. If an item has been posted with or handled by another postal operator then it will not be eligible for compensation from Royal Mail unless the postal operator has posted the packet using one of Royal Mail’s retail services, in which case that postal operator will be regarded as the sender of the postal packet for compensation purposes. If another postal operator has been used and you are the sender please contact them to pursue any claim. If you are the recipient and the item has not been sent using one of Royal Mail’s services you should refer the matter to the sender for them to take up with their chosen postal operator.
Claims for loss, part loss, damage or delay should be submitted on a “Lost damaged or delayed inland mail claim form” known as a P58.
Claim forms are available from all Post Office® branches or can be downloaded and printed off from the Royal Mail website. Alternately a customer can have one sent to them by calling Customer Service on 08457 740740 Textphone 08456 000606. Claims for loss, part loss and damage must be submitted within 12 months of posting. Claims for delay must be made within 3 months of posting by the sender or 1 month of receipt by the recipient.
The claim form should be completed with as much detail as possible, the minimum information required to submit a claim is:
• The names and addresses of the sender, addressee and claimant the Royal Mail Product used.
• The amount of postage paid and method of payment (e.g. stamp, meter impression, SmartStamp®, online postage etc.)
• Place of posting.
• Date of posting.
• The basis for asserting the posting details and product used – such as date of post mark, Certificate of posting and for Special Delivery, Recorded Signed For and Standard Parcels the product documentation.
• A detailed description of the contents and packaging (for loss and damage).
• Date the item was delivered (for part loss, damage and delay).
For damage and part, loss claims the damaged contents and all the packaging must be retained and presented to Royal Mail upon request.
The claim should also include any available supporting information/evidence relevant to the claim;
• Evidence of posting with Royal Mail.
• Evidence of the item’s value (for loss, part loss & damage claims only).
• Royal Mail needs to ensure that unwarranted claims are not made and as such it retains the right to request further information from the claimant and to refuse claims that it suspects are unwarranted.
• The signed and dated completed claim form along with the supporting evidence should be sent to Freepost Royal Mail®, Customer Services, Plymouth PL9 7YB (no postage required) or handed in at any Post Office® branch.
• Royal Mail will provide the customer with a unique reference number for their claim.
• Royal Mail will carry out checks and enquiries to establish 1) that the item was posted with Royal Mail and 2) the cause of the loss, part loss, damage or delay. This may involve requesting additional documentation/information from either the sender or recipient of the item or inspecting the packaging and item in question.
• Royal Mail will take in to account any findings and the compensation policy for the product used to determine how much if any payment is due.
• If both the sender and recipient of the item make a claim for compensation then the right to claim shall lie with the sender unless compensation has already been paid to the recipient.
Owing to our policy of continuous improvement we reserve the right to change policies without prior notice
M) Returning your watch under guarantee
To make a Fault Return within the 12-month guarantee please complete this form and post your watch to the address provided on the return form. Guarantee claims will not be processed without a Return Form and proof of purchase. repairsbypost.com reserves the right to deny any guarantee claim.
M1.1) Return postal costs of non-warranty issues are your responsibility. We recommend that you use Royal Mail Special Delivery this provides tracking information with delivery confirmation and insurance. repairsbypost.com is not responsible for returns lost in transit.
M1.2) After you’ve sent your watch
Once your watch is delivered to our workshop the watch will be examined to identify the fault and determine whether it is covered by The Repairs By Post guarantee. If it is covered, your repair will be free of charge. If However we deem the damage to have been caused by you the customer, we will provide you with an estimate to complete the work or we may return your watch un-repaired. Please allow 20 working days from the date of delivery for inspection and completion of your return repair.
Watches that arrive in with the case back not intact, secured incorrectly or has damage due to self-attempt at repair, attempted repair by a non-professional, dropped, any damaged or mistreated:
If your back is damaged or warped and we attempt to replace your watch back, repairsbypost.com will be free of claim and cannot be held responsible for any further damage to any part of your watch including the glass, due to the machinery required to re-fit your watch correctly. By sending your watch with the case back in some state of repair required you are accepting this disclaimer.
All our parts are purchased from reputable sources, however if you suffer an allergic reaction, we recommend seeking medical advice immediately. No liability for allergic reactions known or unknown to any of its products or repair services.
M1.3) Returns FAQs
I have returned my watch/jewellery. What happens next?
Once your watch has been delivered to our workshop, Repairsbypost.com will inspect your item/items. We will determine if it is a warranty repair or another issue that has arisen due to the general wear and tear of items. (i.e necklaces break in an another place than the one we have on record as being repaired or a watch part not originally replaced or repaired, especially mechanical movements) After this is done, we’ll send an email to you notifying that your return has been processed and upon completion, your watch will be returned to you. We reserve the right to refund original invoice price rather than repair minus the postage costs. This entire process typically takes approx 20 business days (not including transit time, weekends, holidays, or delays caused by weather).
I sent my watch in a while ago. What’s the status?
Before contacting repairsbypost.com please track your return postal tracking number. Once your watch is received at our workshop, it takes 20 days business days for us to inspect your watch and complete the repair.
I bought my watch from an authorised retail jeweller and it is still under warranty; can I return it to you for repair?
No, we are only able to issue warranty repairs for services provided by Repairsbypost.com.
I have requested a refund and received notification that it has been issued but I still don’t see it on my bank statement.
A credit will post to your credit card or bank account approximately two – four days after the day that we process your refund; however, it may take up to two billing cycles for the credit to appear on your monthly billing statement.
The credit total will not include the original or any postage and packaging or handling charges, which repairs by post will apply at their discretion up to the value of £10,000.
I need to return my watch. Do I need to pay to post it back to you?
Yes, return postal costs are your responsibility. We recommend that you use a postal service that provides tracking information and insurance with delivery confirmation. repairsbypost.com is not responsible for returns lost in transit.
Owing to our policy of continuous improvement we reserve the right to change policies and terms and conditions without prior notice.
M1.4) Replicas or Fakes
As professional repairers we do not touch replicas or fakes no ,matter how good, we have the right to report your watch to trading standards teh brand maufacturer or destroy and dispose of your watch. Manufacturers may request details of place purchase proof of purchase, and any other documentation that may be required in order to follow the trail to source and may bring legal proceedings
We have a right to request payment for your watchch return and require immediate payment.
N) Alternative Dispute Resolution for Consumer Disputes (Competent Authorities and Information) Regulations 2015
Should you require the European Online Dispute Resolution Platform contact details.