Guess Watch Repairs and Services
GUESS WATCH REPAIRS & SERVICES
Guess watches combines the latest fashion trends with innovative technologies to create modern, sexy timepieces. They take a modern approach to design and are firmly loved amongst the younger generation thanks to their fashionable and trendy designs.
Guess watches are developed from advanced electronics technology. The movements are manufactured from the best quality components and powered by a long life battery. Though Guess watches are crafted with precision and care it’s vital you take care of their mechanisms to ensure they are working to the best of their ability.
This is where Repairs by Post come in. We are experts in Guess watch repair and use our expertise to assist with all repairs at our watch service centre.
At Repairs by Post, we are passionate about watches and ensure that each timepiece that we receive is fully assessed and repaired by experts.
We have crafted our skills in watch mending over 30 years and use our years of experience to assist with all your Guess watch repair needs. We offer a variety of services for your Guess watch, to a Guess watch strap replacement or a complete Guess watch service.
No matter how big or small the job is we guarantee the highest level of skill and precision when taking care of your time piece. No watch brand is outside our remit.
We are highly committed to the watch making industry, therefore, don’t deal with replicas or counterfeit watches of any kind. To find out more please read our blog post discussing the truth behind the fake watch market.
WE ARE EXPERTS IN GUESS WATCH REPAIRS
Thanks to our extensive history in the watch industry Repairs by Post is the name you can trust for all your Guess watch repair needs. We provide a convenient online watch repair service.
HOW DOES ONLINE WATCH REPAIR WORK?
- Send your item for Guess online watch repair using the free and secure Royal Mail Tracked and Return Service or Special Delivery.
- Using Royal Mail Tracked and Return Service or Special Delivery, your item is safe and secure. There are various ways you can send us your items, depending on the value of your item and what is easiest for you.
- Our improved Royal Mail Tracked Returns® service gives you greater visibility and control over your returns process and enhances the experience for our customers too.
BENEFITS OF ROYAL MAIL TRACKED RETURNS
- Increased tracking and control over returns process
- Up-to-date reporting, helping you to manage your stock better
- Enhanced customer confidence, loyalty and repeat business
WHY CHOOSE ONLINE WATCH REPAIRS?
- We keep you up to date. You will be able to see on your account the stage your Guess watch repair is it.
- Once repaired; we safely and swiftly return your item to you.
- Repairs by Post are unbeaten on price. Our watch and jewellery repairs are priced competitively and we will match or beat any written quotation.
COMMON GUESS WATCH REPAIRS
- Guess watch battery replacement
- Guess watch bands
- Guess watch band replacement
- Guess watch strap replacement
- Guess watch service
- Guess watch polishing
- Guess watch cleaning
All Guess watch repairs carry a minimum of 12 months guarantee and often 24 months when we carry out a manufactures standard repair.
When undertaking Guess watch repair we only use genuine or equivalent aftermarket alternatives.
GUESS WATCH SERVICE
Your watch has been designed to be highly precise, with its mechanism designed expertly to work harmoniously. However, over time the intricacies of the internal workings begin to degrade. A Guess watch service will restore your watch to its original working order. We completely overhaul your timepiece to ensure it lasts a lifetime. You should send your timepiece for a Guess watch service every three to five years.
The natural habits of the wearer will determine how often the watch should be serviced. Those who wear the watch continuously will require more frequent servicing due to a higher level of wear and tear affecting the seals and gaskets.
Repairs by Post offers mechanical watch service and quartz watch service.
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING A GUESS WATCH SERVICE:
- Our horologist will examine every aspect of the timepiece to pinpoint any areas that require replacement or Guess watch repair.
- The inner components will be specially lubricated in order to minimise friction.
- The balance wheel will be tested expertly to ensure it’s perfectly precise.
- If your watch has a quartz mechanism we will change the battery as standard.
- The strap will undergo with specialist watch cleaning and examination of wear and tear, any parts that are damaged will be refurbished or be replaced.
- The mechanism is carefully reassembled and reattached to your watch’s strap with every seal replaced.
- The timepiece will be methodically tested one last time to ensure it’s keeping time accurately
- The watch will be checked one last time to ensure it’s still absolutely water tight.
GUESS WATCH MAINTENANCE
We’ve provided expert tips to ensure you Guess watch is kept in optimum condition for as long as possible.
GUESS WATCH STRAP REPAIR
- All Guess Leather straps are Genuine Leather
- All Denim Straps have a Genuine Leather Backing
- Leather/Denim straps should not be submerged in water
GUESS RUBBER STRAPS
Rubber/Silicone straps are water resistant, but should not be submerged in water for extended periods of time.
It’s important to expose Guess rubber straps to gases or chemicals (for example; fragrance sprays, detergents, insecticides, etc.) This could damage the aesthetic look and function of the strap. Stains made by dye, paints and oily substances may be difficult to remove.
GUESS LEATHER STRAPS
Protect your leather Guess watch strap by taking it off in damp environments, as humidity can damage the material. Just like rubber and silicone straps, your leather strap should also avoid contact with chemicals, cosmetics.
Do not submerge your leather strap in water; this can damage the look and function of the strap.
Avoid sun damage as this may alter the appearance of the leather watch strap. When you’re not wearing your watch keep it in a cool dark place, out of direct sunlight.
Should your timepiece suffer damage, send it to our expert team for Guess watch strap replacement or Guess watch band replacement.
GUESS STEEL AND BRASS BRACELETS
Over time, your steel bracelet may tarnish due to a buildup of dust and sweat from every day use. We can revive your timepiece through our watch polishing service.
As always, your steel watch strap should not come into contact with chemicals which may damage it.
IS MY GUESS WATCH WATER RESISTANT?
Each watch will come with a manual which describes the water resistance of your timepiece.
- Water resistant: Withstands splashes of water or rain; do not submerge
- 3 atm/30m/100 ft.: Rain, do not submerge
- 5 atm/50m/165 ft.: Rain, showering do not submerge
- 10atm/100m/330ft.: Rain, showering, swimming
Watches will withstand water resistance as long as the crystal, crown, push buttons, case and gaskets remain intact. Please do not operate crown or buttons when watch is wet or submerged as this can lead to damaging water infiltrating the mechanism.
You should have your watch inspected each year to ensure the water resistant levels are intact.
Should your watch come into contact with salt water or chlorine, send it immediately for Guess watch repair. These liquids can corrode the internal workings of your watch if not dealt with immediately.
CLEANING YOUR GUESS WATCH
Your watch should be cleaned with a soft absorbent cloth or air dried. Never try to dry your watch using a hairdryer or on a radiator.
MAGNETIC FIELDS CAN DAMAGE YOUR GUESS WATCH
You should keep your watch away from strong magnetic fields. A quartz watch will recalibrate in about five minutes, but a mechanical timepiece may need demagnetisation. We undertake this using our specialist equipment in our workshop. During any Guess watch service we will demagnetise your timepiece as standard.
You can tell if your watch is magnetised as it will not be keeping time properly, typically a magnetised watch will run fast.
COMMON MAGNETIC FIELDS:
- Airport security scanners
- Tablets and smartphones
It’s advised you send your watch at least 5cm away from magnetic fields at all times.
Your watch is extremely delicate, to avoid early Guess watch repair you should not allow your timepiece to sit in direct sunlight, this can damage the timekeeping mechanism.
- Watches which are subject to high temperatures (above 60 degrees Celsius) run slow
- Timepieces which are subject to cool temperature shocks (below 10 degrees Celsius) run fast.
PHYSICAL WATCH SHOCKS
It is recommended that you remove your watch before playing any sport that involves strong impacts. Any direct impact to your wrists can affect the very small parts inside the watch.
It’s advised you remove your watch when undertaken any sort of manual labour as a precaution. Dropping the watch may also cause damage.
Should your Guess watch suffer a physical shock; send it for online watch repair and inspection. We can determine if your watch has suffered any internal damage that needs rectified.
The watch brand was founded in the 1980s by brothers Paul and Maurice Marciano. The pair moved to LA and opened an upmarket store. Their ads featured supermodels from the launch and have featured the likes of Claudia Schiffer.
In 1984 the brand launched their first line of watches, named “Guess” “Guess Steel” and “Guess Collection”. The lines, though with new names are still produced today.
In 1985 the character of Marty Mcfly in the famed Back to the Future movie wore Guess clothing, cementing the popularity of the brand.
During this time, Guess was one of the most popular denim brands and we can thank the brand for the rise of “designer jeans”
The brand launched a home division, which showcased upscale bedding, towels and home furnishings. However, by the end of the 90s the collection failed to make enough money and the line was discontinued.
Sales also suffered in their fashion collections with brands such as Diesel and Calvin Klein overtaking in the popularity stakes.
The brand’s sales started to increase after the downturn in the nineties and their fashion line became popular with teens and millennials again. Since the early 2000s their sales have continued to rise each year.
In 2004, Guess celebrated the 20th anniversary of its watch collection, issuing a special-edition Guess watch. Keep your limited edition watches in great working condition for years to come with a Guess watch service every 3-5 years.
In 2012, 23 years after first posing for the brand, supermodel Claudia Schiffer posed again for Guess’ black-and-white ads marking the brand’s 30th anniversary.
TODAY’S GUESS WATCH COLLECTION
Blue paired with denim is classic, masculine, easily paired with a variety of other tones, can be dressed up or down, and most importantly never goes out of style. This collection is made to be dressed up or down thanks to its versatile design.
This collection of modern timepieces incorporates delicate shades of bamboo to act as the new neutral. This soft color palette with crystal details and resin elevates this look to higher ground.
The High Flyer Guess collection is available in both analog and digital models. Thanks to their desert sand tones they easy to wear and make an impact from far and away. Black with gold sets the tone for adventure for this fashion forward design.
This playful design encompasses the best of summer style. Inspired by favourite childhood ice-lollies this watch is made for those who are bold and confident.
Each of these designs are made with the millennial wearer in mind, whilst still holding true to the ancient craft oh horology. Repairs by post offer Guess watch repair to ensure the intricate workings of your timepiece remain in great working order for years to come.